Setting up Flipper takes only a few minutes. Choose the right guide for your setup below or let us know if you would prefer to have us do it for you. We'd love to help!
For the moment, Flipper Cloud only supports ruby applications. If there is another language you would like to see support for, we would love to know.
Choose between a self-hosted installation or Flipper Cloud, and don't worry, you can easily switch between the two, so you won't be locked into this decision.
Flipper Open Source/Self-hosted Instructions - If you're a solo developer or just want to take Flipper for a quick test drive, self-hosted is quick and easy, and you're able to migrate to Flipper Cloud any time in the future if you need the additional functionality. Of course, self-hosted is also entirely free, so there's that.
- Your local datastore is the system of record for feature flags
- Provides basic feature flags stored locally in your application
- Optional Basic web interface available through the
- No support for multiple users, environments, audit history, or rollbacks
Flipper Cloud Instructions - If you're part of a team that needs feature flags or run multiple services that could benefit from a centralized and shared set of feature flags, you'll benefit more with Flipper Cloud. And if you find out that self-hosted is enough, you can easily turn off Flipper Cloud, and Flipper will still work for you.
- Flipper Cloud serves as the system of record for feature flag state and optionally synchronizes with an application's local datastore
- Manage multiple organizations and projects in one place
- Support for multiple users and fine-grained permissions
- Support for managing multiple environments and local development environments
- Full audit history for feature changes
- Feature rollbacks to any point in time
- Personal development environments with isolated feature flags